Weird but wow how healthy! I’ve been missing for awhile cos I’ve just been so crrazzyyyy busy and by the time I get home, it’s too dark to take pictures! and you know I won’t post if I don’t get a good shot! 😉
A quick note on beetroots.
- It can lower your blood pressure in just 24 hours! because it helps dilate blood vessels by the release of nitric oxide which dilates vessels. Super rich in iron, potassium and magnesium. So how much to take if you are a hypertensive, try with a glass a day ( 4oz), because however good, anything might be, I still believe in moderation.
- Rich in flavonoids and betacyanin which are anti oxidants to reduce your LDL and works as an anti inflammatory agent.
- Rich in silica which help calcium absorption.
- High in soluble fibre which helps with constipation.
I saw this on a blog and wanted to try it cos it’s so healthy! Here goes…remember….weird but oh so healthy! And such a cheap root veg to get healthy!
Recipe: ( adapted from To her Core blog)
- 1/2 a cup of beetroot, chopped into cubes and steamed
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder+ 1/8 cup of 70% chocolates ( chopped)
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 medium sized banana( frozen)
- 1/4 cup cranberries
Steam the beetroot, let cool for 10 minutes, then add to your blender together with the soy milk, cranberries, banana and cocoa powder+ chopped chocolates. Blend till smooth and enjoy it chilled.
I have a few more beetroot smoothie recipes. Will post soon! 🙂
p.s If you don’t quite enjoy the root taste of beets, try extracting the juice and then follow the recipe as above, but you’ll miss out on those fibres!