I’m Indian and I love Indian food. Should I cook more Indian food…well I can if I had more time on my hands. These recipes are so easy to make and hassle free that I just love the simplicity of it. And the ‘ Clean eating’ concept I was talking about previously fits perfectly with my time schedule. 🙂 and so much healthier too…luv it! Go ahead and try it.
Recipe: ( adapted from BBC Goodfood magazine)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 big onion cut into 8 wedges
- 2 green pepper cut into medium sized strips
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp hot paprika
- small bunch of coriander, leaves picked and stems chopped fine
- 200g smoked tofu ( I used regular firm tofu) cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can of kidney beans , 400g, drained and rinsed
- 40g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. dark brown soft sugar
- 8 corn/ wheat tortillas
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- large ripe avocado, cut into wedges
- shredded lettuce
- thick yoghurt or sour cream
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
Heat oil in a large pan, add onions and peppers. Season and cook on medium high heat till just tender and starting to char. Add coriander stems, stir for a minute then add spices. Keep stirring for about 2 mins till fragrant. Add some water if too dry.
Tip in the tofu, kidney beans, tomatoes and sugar. Cook for 5 minutes on medium high heat till sauce is quite dry and tofu is heated through. Taste sauce for seasoning and add coriander leaves and some lime juice as needed. Taste again and adjust seasoning if needed.
Warm tortillas following pack instructions. Serve with some yoghurt or sour cream, lettuce and avocado wedges.
Serves 4, prep 10 mins, cook 15 mins.