Done in literally 45 minutes! So good for those sudden unexpected guests who drop by .. But that hardly happens here in Melbourne. I miss that aspect of KL… we need to make appointments way ahead to visit friends over here! Lol…. Melbourne culture I guess so we just rock with it. 😎 This one is again adapted from The Australian Women’s Weekly The Baking Collection.
Prep +cook time 45 minutes. Serves 10
- 60g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup, minus 3 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 15g butter, melted, extra
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a 20cm round cake tin, line base with baking paper.
2. Beat butter with sugar until fluffy, then add the vanilla extract On low speed crack in the egg and slowly combine then increase to high speed till light and fluffy. Stir in milk and sifted flour. Pour mixture into the cake tin.
3. Bake teacake for 25-30 minutes. Cover the cake with a piece of baking paper if it’s browning too much. Stand in tin for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack.
4. Brush top of hot teacake with melted butter and sprinkle with combined cinnamon and sugar. Yummers!