Hungry and home alone. Too lazy to cook? Try this! It’s simple and fresh and bursting with flavour! Adults love it and kids love it too. Serve it with a soup on the side.
Perfect for picnics too!
Recipe: (adapted from Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Home Cooking)
- 200g raw tiger prawns/king prawns
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red chilly, seeded and finely sliced
- 5 radishes, trimmed and quartered
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 baby gem lettuce, shredded
- small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 2 corn tortillas
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Put prawns, garlic and chilli flakes into a bowl, with a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil, mix well and set aside.
Put the avocado, radishes, cherry tomatoes, chilli and spring onions in another bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper and a little of the lime juice. Mix well, stir in the lettuce, then the coriander and set aside.
Heat dash of oil in a heavy based pan and put in the prawns. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
Toast tortillas in a dry pan until nicely coloured and beginning to crisp up. Divide the salad equally between the toasted tortilla, top with cooked prawns and serve.