Is the blistering heat getting to you as it is to me..and on a hot sunny day you just feel like eating something light and fresh. This salad is just that. The sweetness of the watermelon and the saltiness of the feta with the fresh mint is the kind of freshness you want to gorge on in this heat!
Recipe (adapted from Jamie Oliver magazine)
- 500g of watermelon cut into big cubes
- 1 small onion cut finely into rings
- 250g feta cheese, crumbled
- small bunch of mint leaves
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
Cut watermelon into cubes and put into a bowl. Crumble the feta cheese over the watermelon together with the torn mint leaves.
Add the finely cut onion rings and toss with some olive oil and ground black pepper.